The first option, which is absolutely free, is to download the files via BitTorrent and burn them to a blank DVD.
The second option, which incurs a bit of work and cost on your part, will be to send me a blank DVD and self-addressed, stamped envelope (stamped with sufficient postage) and I'll send it back with the DVD files burned to it, as well as with artwork.
The third option is to donate $10 to maintain the
site, ($15 for non-US visitors.) In thanks, I will send out a DVD with case,
label and artwork as shown in the picture in the previous post..
For more information on the various options, please visit the DVD link in the menu above.
First off, I know I'm late with screencaps of the
DVD. There's been a lot going on.
The DVD page will be updated soon. In the meantime, here's a quick list of DVD features:
August 8, 2010 - HRDWL won BEST FAN FILM at the 2010 Fright Night Film Festival in Lexington, KY last weekend!
I'm afraid that I'll have to keep this short right now, but I assure you that there will be a lengthier update this week, with pictures. A couple of quick pieces of news in the meantime.
1) The DVD itself is done, as of this afternoon. It's been several days of troubleshooting small items (menu button transparencies and color palette, menu audio looping, etc.) but after some reasonably thorough testing, I'm satisfied that it's done.
2) The DVD artwork is NOT done. Rather, it's up next. I need to get it done by tomorrow night, to get it printed on Tuesday, so that means that DVDs will be coming soon.
3) DVD distribution to cast/crew will is coming up, but keep in mind that it will take a while to get everyone, because I'm duplicating these on my home PC, one at a time, and right now my bigger concern is having sufficient DVDs for the beginning of September, because...
4) I'll be running a booth at Horrorfind Weekend in Gettysburg, PA (possibly with d.p. John Hudak, actress Meagan Moir and/or p.a. Erin Coughlin) on Labor Day Weekend. We'll be handing out free DVDs there (because I can't charge for them). Case/artwork or sleeves will also be available for a nominal donation.
The full specs on the DVD, and menu screencaps, will be in the next post later this week...
P.S. My thanks to Pete Mizzo for
catching the ConCarolinas broken links... They've been updated to reflect
their new site...
|June 08, 2010 -
HRDWL was designated the
for the Second Annual ConCarolinas Short Film Festival
and won the trophy for
Fandom. My thanks to John Mazza of ConCarolinas for his support and
for helping to resolve the time issue! This is an honor, absolutely, and I'm
very, very grateful to ConCarolinas for their support!|
More news soon... The DVD authoring is proceeding nicely...
May 18, 2010 - Again, if you haven't seen it yet:
Just a few quick updates...
corrected to reflect information above.) HRDWL is also an official selection
of this year's
ConCarolinas Short Film Festival. Mr. John Mazza adds, in a recent email, "You've got a great film; not only is it
going to be the longest film in our film festival, It's going to be our
2) DVD: Still authoring. Most of the primary
content is there, I'm working on creating the menus right now... More updates
as they come.
April 23, 2010 - Alright, so, the film has been up on YouTube for over a week now, set to private, and I've been testing its playback on YouTube. I'm happy with it, so I see no reason to delay until Tuesday night. It's ready now, so I'm changing its status to public. Have at it.
I have many thoughts about the film and its expected reception, particularly on a casual "armchair Rambo" site like YouTube, but at this point, the film will just have to stand on its own...
I'll be back with DVD updates, screening news and more, soon...
1) YouTube Ė Late evening, APRIL 28, 2010.
This will be the version that will be found on the DVD as well. As of yesterday, the version is done. Iíll go through some of the changes between the film festival screener version and the YouTube/DVD version below. In either case, this version is done, as of yesterday. Those of you who have seen this at one of its screenings may recall the 2 minute intro that summarizes pertinent events from HR4, HR7 and HRP. My concern with this intro is that 1) YouTube would yank it, since itís footage from other films and 2) it doesnít at all summarize who Marla is or the reanimation ritual. So, my next step is to re-edit this intro as well as find a way to host it streaming on a site/method that doesnít involve YouTube.
2) Differences between
the versions Ė In any venture, one of the key reasons for garnering feedback
is to make a better product. In this vein, Iíve taken some of the suggestions from Microfilmmaker Magazineís review, Tim Day, d.p. John Hudak and my own
observations, and have tried and make a few improvements for the ďdefinitiveĒ
version. What I've essentially done is below:
What I've essentially done is below:
Also, the sudden audio cut that Ms. DeLeeuw-Taylor mentioned in her review was an artistic decision (read: "bad choice") rather than an oversight, but on the urging of my d.p. (who also disliked that transition) it has been changed to something a bit more reasonable, and less sudden.
3) DVD Ė Still aiming for the end of July. More info on this when itís available. Again, this will available for free via BitTorrent and/or self-addressed stamped envelope w/ blank DVD. Those who wish to make a donation of $10 towards the maintenance of the site will also receive the DVD as thanks for your support of kuifilms.com.
4) Screenings Ė We'll be
playing on Friday night, April 2nd, as part of MiniCon's Friday Film Festival. Iíll
also keep submitting the film for screenings from now through the end of the
year. Keep your eye on the screening page for more information.
5) Prop/costume auction Ė Once again, there will be a prop/costume auction to help defray the debt incurred from the production costs. This will likely be in late August/early September. Will update soon.
6) British fan film Ė If you havenít checked out Mark Adamsí fan film THE HELLRAISER CHRONICLES: LIFEBRINGER yet, itís out on Youtube, do check it out! Surgeon Cenobite (from HELLRAISER: HELLSEEKER) returns!
2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 ]